The present Masistes International Guarantee applies to watches sold or presented for guarantee service in any country, except the United States of America and Canada (for these countries, see Masistes Limited Warranty for the United States of America and Canada) and Australia (for this country, see Masistes Guarantee for Australia).
Your Masistes watch is guaranteed against any manufacturing defect for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase (the « Guarantee Period ») subject to the following conditions. If your watch is returned during the Guarantee Period, any component found by our technical services to be defective as a result of a manufacturing defect will be, at Masistes' sole discretion, repaired or replaced free of charge. Upon expiration of the Guarantee Period, any services or repairs will be subject to a service charge.
Your Masistes International Guarantee does not cover, notably:
- Defects and damages resulting from misuse or negligence, or from accident,
- Defects and damages caused by improper use (knocks, dents, crushing to the case, crystal, bracelet or strap, etc.), alterations, tampering, dismantling or unauthorized modifications or repairs, as well as services, works and repairs performed by anyone other than a Masistes Boutique, a Masistes Authorized Retailer or a Masistes' Authorized After-Sales Service Center, or caused by the use of components and/or accessories other than those recommended by Masistes;
- Watches where the serial number originally imprinted on the watch case is removed or not clearly legible, or where any part of the original watch back or any original number has been removed, changed, altered, replaced, erased or defaced;
- Routine maintenance and cleaning, as well as the consequences of the normal wear and tear and ageing of the watch.
- Any defects resulting from the contact with water, if your water-resistant watch did not undergo the water-resistance tests required by Masistes each time the case was opened for any reason (including, for instance, replacement of a battery), or if your watch is not water-resistant.
In order to benefit from your Masistes International Guarantee, you will be required to present to any Masistes Boutique, Masistes Authorized Retailer or Masistes Authorized After-Sales Service Center, the Guarantee Certificate situated at the beginning of this booklet, duly completed, dated, stamped and signed by a Masistes Boutique or a Masistes Authorized Retailer. You are therefore required to retain your Guarantee Certificate with due care. You are responsible for transportation costs, including but not limited to postage, insurance and packing materials. We recommend that any shipment to us include certified delivery and insurance.
Only Masistes Boutiques, Masistes Authorized Retailers and Masistes Authorized After-Sales Service Centers are entitled to provide guarantee services as defined herein. For more information and a complete list of Masistes Boutiques, Masistes Authorized Retailers or Masistes Authorized After-Sales Service Centers, please consult the Masistes website www.masistes.com, or ask the Masistes Boutique or the Masistes Authorized Retailer indicated on your Guarantee Certificate or in your sale documents.
This Masistes International Guarantee does not affect any other rights you may have under the applicable national legislation. Such rights may vary from one country, state, province or territory to another.
For more information, please see our terms & conditions' page here:
SHOP THE COLLECTIONS: